A lot of WordCamps and WordPress meetup groups hold beginner workshops. Unfortunately, most of those aren’t recorded. In this article, we will share free WordPress training videos that covers all the topics discussed in a WordPress beginner workshop.
The goal of WordPress beginner workshop is to help new users get started. The topics discussed are:
What is WordPress? Why is WordPress free? Why you should use WordPress?
What’s the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
How to choose the best WordPress hosting? – We recommend either Bluehost or Siteground.
How to install WordPress?
How to use WordPress (Create posts, add pages, embed images and videos, change the template, add widgets, customize menus, install plugins, and various other tips and tricks).
We have covered all these topics in our free WordPress training videos (34 step by step video tutorials).
You should also consider subscribing to our YouTube channel where we have over 800+ free WordPress video tutorials that have been viewed by over 23 million people. We publish a new free video tutorial every week.
Some other helpful resources that are often mentioned in the beginner workshops are:
- WordPress Dictionary – a list of WordPress glossary terms explained for beginners.
- WordPress Themes Directory – it’s the most reliable place to find free WordPress themes. See our expert pick of the best free WordPress themes.
- WordPress Plugins Directory – it’s the most reliable place to find free WordPress plugins. Since there are over 58,000+ free plugins available, you may want to see our guide on how to choose the best WordPress plugin and our expert pick of the 24+ Must Have WordPress Plugins for all websites.
- WPBeginner Engage Facebook group – it’s the largest free WordPress help group for non-techy users. There are over 75,000+ members including many WordPress experts who’re regularly offering free WordPress support and tips to grow your website.
- WordPress coupons & deals – Exclusive discounts on WordPress products and services for WPBeginner users.
WPBeginner content is 100% free, and we are always looking for finding more ways to be helpful.
Let’s take a look at some of our most helpful WordPress tutorials:
- How to Start a WordPress blog
- How to Start an Online Store
- How to Start a Podcast with WordPress
- How to Fix the Most Common WordPress Errors
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting
- How to Improve WordPress Security
How to attend WordPress Beginner Workshop LIVE
The best way to attend a live WordPress beginner workshop in person is to find a WordCamp or a WordPress meetup group near you.
WordCamp is a non-profit conference that focuses on everything WordPress. There is a WordCamp held just about every week worldwide. You can see the full schedule to see if it’s in a location near you.
Alternatively, you can find a local WordPress meetup group in your area. Currently there are more than 490 local WordPress meetup groups in 59 countries.
Unlike WordCamps, WordPress meetup groups are smaller and provide greater opportunity for beginners to interact and mingle with the WordPress experts in their area.
It’s important to note that not every WordCamp or WordPress meetup group hold beginner workshops. You should check the schedule to make sure it’s being offered.
If it is not, then you can always contact the organizers to see if there is a possibility for them to offer a live beginner workshop. Most of the time, meetup and WordCamp organizers are very receptive to suggestions.
We hope that you found our WordPress training videos as a helpful replacement of WordPress beginner workshops. You should also check out our beginner’s guide on how to learn WordPress for free in a week or less.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.